applied acoustics’ range of acoustic positioning beacons is one of the most extensive available from any manufacturer and includes micro beacons, for use in shallow water or where space is limited, up to the seabed beacons operating in deep, noisy or difficult environments.
- Robust, rugged construction
- Easy selection of transmit and receive frequencies
- High reputation for signal stability
- Rigorously tested for distinguished endurance and performance
- Compatible with almost all industry-standard tracking systems
- Micro Beacons – Ideal for divers, short ranges and small ROV tracking
- Mini Beacons – ‘Work-horse’ beacons for towfish and ROV tracking, and often used by divers. Also provide navigation and data for monitoring third-party sensors
- Midi Beacons – High powered but compact. Used for long-range towfish tracking and AUV positioning
- Fatboy Beacons – General purpose tracking and positioning of static and dynamic assets, e.g. AUV, sidescan sonar, in deeper water or challenging environments
- Low Frequency Beacons – Long-range, deep-water applications
- Seabed Beacons – Large battery capacity for long-term deployment; often used as reference markers
Our positioning beacons range
Fit for all purposes
Positioning Beacon and Subsea Transponders
For true versatility and cost-effectiveness, every beacon in our range is designed to be immediately compatible with almost all industry-standard tracking systems operating worldwide. Additionally most beacons can operate as a transponder, a responder or a pinger.
Particular features allow the operator to create an optimum balance between power, battery life and physical characteristics, while all medium-frequency positioning beacons include Sigma spread spectrum protocols. Most also have integrated MiQ data telemetry and multi-fire common interrogate capabilities.