applied acoustics’ MiniPod range delivers precise positioning using global navigation satellite systems (GNSS), whilst operating in the challenging environment of the splash zone.
The products can survive submersion up to depths of several thousand metres, making them ideal for the accurate positioning of assets operating on the water’s surface.
- Robust GNSS receivers with integrated L1 + L2 antenna
- Wide band corrections or external RTCM
- Internal and external shock mounts
- Atlas correction options
- Worldwide RF remote wireless data options
- Seismic source positioning
- Seismic streamer head and tail positioning
- Surface positioning of towed sensors in shallow water
- Surface positioning of ROV’s, AUV’s, USV’s
- Subsea excavation vehicles
- Vehicle recovery operations
- Asset relocation
- Remote asset monitoring
First-class performance at all depths
The compact 101G MiniPod is ideal for smaller platforms where size, weight and limited mounting options are critical factors. Depth rated to 50m, it can be safely installed close to the water surface and transmit its position to a mother vessel over a range of up to 2km. The 103G MiniPod and 106G MiniPod models are depth rated to 1000m and 6000m respectively, making them the perfect partner for deep-water work class ROVs and AUVs.
The 107GS MiniPod combines the features and benefits of other models in the MiniPod range with IsatData Pro technology to provide a global satellite relocation service. When installed on a subsea vehicle, accurate positional information can be transmitted to any location on the globe once the vehicle has broken the water surface, a crucial component in remote asset monitoring.