101G MiniPod, Submersible GNSS
The 101G MiniPod is a lightweight, ruggedised GNSS receiver that transmits data back to a vessel or the shoreline.
Designed to survive 50m immersion, the shock-mounted robust dual L1 + L2 band GNSS receiver has both wired and wireless applications, providing streamer head and tail positioning and source positioning for 3D UHR seismic operations.
- Robust GNSS receiver with integrated antenna
- Dual band L1 + L2 receiver
- Multi constellation GNSS receiver.
- Submersible, 50m rated
- Wide area corrections or external RTCM
- Internal and external shock mounts
- Worldwide RF remote wireless data options
- Atlas correction option
- External battery option
- Internal AHRS option
Our RFR Receiver can be used to support this product.
- Seismic streamer head and tail positioning
- Seismic source positioning
- Ideal for subsea excavation vehicles (jetting & trenching), and surface positioning of towed sensors such as magnetometers, operating in shallow waters
A4 Stainless steel
170mm x Ø115mm
Model Part Number
External RF Antenna
GNSS Multi-frequency L1 & L2, RTK with carrier phase
GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, QZSS & GALILEO
3 channel parallel tracking
SBAS, Autonomous, External RTCM (V3.2) or CMR, RTK, L-Band (Atlas) DGPS
Accuracy (Dependent on corrections):
Accuracies dependent on multipath environment, number of satellites in view, geometry and ionospheric conditions.
8mm + 1 ppm
15mm + 2ppm
Warm up time (Typical):
<60s (No almanac or real time clock)
<30s (Almanac & RTC, no position)
8 pin MCBH connector (male)
24v 160mA nominal
RS232 (2 bi-directional ports)
RS485 (2 wire bi-directional)
NMEA 0183 protocols supported, (GPGGA, GPRMC & GPGLL standard)
10Hz standard, 20Hz optional
Correction I/O protocol
Hemisphere GNSS proprietary, ROX Format, RTCM v2.3 (wired only),
RTCM v3.2, CMR, CMR+
3.3V, 1ms pulse width, 20mA optional
- Wireless modem data receiver (for up to 4 x 101G MiniPods): Part number RFR-101G
- Integrated AHRS for MiniPod BCN-101GA, BCN-101A or BCN-101GA-EXT;
Bearing resolution: 0.1° displayed. Internally calculated to 0.01°
Heading sensor accuracy: 0.5° RMS standard; ±0.1° resolution/repeatability
Pitch/Roll sensor accuracy: ±0.10° RMS ±0.1° resolution/repeatability
- External battery: Part number BPK-101G, 10 day operational life, non-rechargeable.
Part number BPK-101G-R, rechargeable
With interconnect lead, part number, BPK-101G-4000, 3m standard.
- External RF antenna for MiniPod BCN-101G-EXT or BCN-101GA-EXT;
Omni-directional: Part number BCN-101G-4003. Directional: Part number BCN-101G-4002